Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Song and A Dance

Tonight is our last night at Camp Moremi. I arrived at dinner refreshed and exhilarated just in time to hear unusual noises off in the distance. Soon it was evident that the joyful noise was singing. The staff had all rallied together to share some traditional singing and dancing with us. This was definitely one of the highlights. Frank even played an old wooden xylophone looking thing and sang a solo. It was magic. We'd grown accustomed to amazing food and tonight was no exception but it was even more special with the entertainment and fantastic conversation. Sadly, I didn't have my camera with in order to document the experience. But stay tuned, there's more.

As I entered the lounge I realized that new guests had arrived. It was a couple visiting from Italy. Giovanni was gorgeous to look at and a very interesting person to talk to. He had been a race car driver and lived for a spell in the US (San Luis Obispo) and had some neat stories. He also LOVES to vacation in Africa and was on his 5th trip to the continent. I was very disappointed not to make Namibia a part of my trip and Giovanni said if you only have one trip to Africa he would recommend Namibia just because you can experience all that Africa has to offer - the sea, the desert, the jungle, and the mountains in one country.

It was a terrific night and I was sad to bid farewell to this most special place where dreams came true.

No comments: