Monday, April 7, 2008

A matter of Rs

What's it going to take to get people to respect themselves, each other and our planet? Maybe this sounds a bit new-agey but I believe that we are all connected - like one with the universe, man. In all seriousness, I wish people would think about the things they consume and what happens to it at the end of its useful life cycle. I wish people would be willing to sacrifice just a little convenience for the good of the future. And most of all I wish people could understand that we humans are more alike than not and are all ultimately seeking happiness - subjective, yes, but a commodity nonetheless whereby there's enough to go around and one that doesn't have to be obtained at the expense of someone else's. Now if only a genie would grant my three wishes...
In my purview, disrespect is rampant. It is non-discriminate knowing no generation, stratification or boundary. I witness some form of disrespect every day as I meander through life- be it littering, cell phones, driving habits, and infinite other discourtesies, rudeness and lack of etiquette. Please be a model citizen, teach your children to be model citizens and assure that respect is restored.

Remember: Respect, Responsibility, Reuse, Reclaim, Recycle
(I think I have fetish for R words)

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Very well said. I agree with all of it.
I think the way the local Indians use to live in this country says all of that.