Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Love Bites"


I generally like to stay home on Friday nights because I'm so tired from pushing myself through the week but it does make the weekend feel longer if you go out and do something. My neighbor is a very competent actor and is playing in a show call Love Bites on stage at the Elephant Theater on theater row in Hollywood weekends through March 14th. It is the 8th volume of their annual Valentine's themed production under the artistic direction of David Fofi presented in 8 vignettes described as not so romantic & dysfunctional love stories. Each short comedy is an interesting (and disturbing) interpretation of love and the underlying pleasures, pain and passion that is the reality of such a knotty topic. All eight are well written and well acted but four standout as exceptional: Karinanaed (the overwhelming favorite) Everything I Do (starring my friend, Matt) Dirt, and Strings. Go on....'tis a cheap night out.

No comments: