Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Greed

Damon and I along with a bunch of friends have booked one of those little 3-day Baja California cruises on Carnival. It leaves Long Beach on Friday, sails to Ensenada Mexico and returns on Monday morning. Fun right? I've never done it before and while cruising doesn't seem like it would really interest me I love hanging out with all the people going. We've already paid our deposit and were getting ready to finalize payment when we learned that a private party has chartered the ENTIRE ship for that weekend and our getaway would be canceled. Canceled! Are ya kidding me? It just goes to show that money trumps decency. Our fare was roughly $400 per person and let's assume that the ship holds 2000 passengers. At minimum the cruise line would have been offered $800,000 to squeeze us out. My friend is trying to rebook us for the following weekend and they had better plan on kissing up real good, i.e. upgrades, room credit, unlimited drinks - something.
Rotten.

No comments: