Thursday, May 15, 2008

Having a conniption

I'm pretty panicked right now. Jackson fell in our neighbor's pool. Surprisingly he was able to get himself out (I thought he would sink in such a situation). He was snooping around the backyard - like he always does - and toddled onto the pool cover unbeknownst to the danger lurking beneath. At first we thought he was just scared, shocked and stressed. But after an hour his breathing had not resumed to normal. He wasn't hyperventilating but it was a little labored. And then I saw blood. So he's gone to the doctor. I spoke with the vet while Damon was en route and although he has raised hounds himself he wasn't quite sure how to react. So as I sit here petrified trying to find info I grow more and more concerned that he may be suffering from bloat or has water in his lungs. That dog is my life. Pathetic but true.

No comments: