Tuesday, February 12, 2008

House passes gas, I mean wiretap bill

After months of deliberation the Senate gives our fearless leader super powers on surveillance program. According to New York Times writer Eric Lichtblau, "the bill allows the government to eavesdrop on large bundles of foreign-based communications on its own authority so long as Americans are not the targets." Bagh! Are they kidding? They'll be playing I spy with my little eye before you can say Khalid Sheik Muhammad "boards" at Guatanamo Bay. I'm all for catching the bad guys but not at the expense of American civil liberties, including our valued privacy. This is reminiscent of the parable of the frog that leaps out of boiling water but cooks to death if the heat is turned up slowly. What a horrible way to lose your life. 
 

2 comments:

nitty said...

Great post.
Great article.
Your analogies kill me.
The frog one as it relates to Americans is too true and this water is already hot and we just sit and take it.

Thanks for blogging Dawn. Your making the world a better place.

nitty

Jerry said...

I totally agree. I have been saying this from the beginning and everyone seems to not be disturbed by this.
I think until we get our "Cowboy President" out of office, things will not change. Any moron that can not pronounce the word "nuclear" correctly scares the crap out of me!